Your transmission is the most complex system in your vehicle. It is made of hundreds of parts that work together to transfer engine power to move your wheels, which allows you to drive your vehicle. When one of these parts stops doing what they are supposed to do, your car will no longer be safe to drive. There’s a chance that it won’t drive at all.
So, how can you tell that your transmission is in trouble? Here are the most common warning signs of transmission problems:
- Unusual or burning smells
- Red fluid leaks under the vehicle
- Difficulty shifting gears
- Problem staying in gear
- Grinding or hissing noises
- Check engine light illuminates on the dashboard
When vehicle owners catch the early signs of transmission trouble, they tend to put it off until the damage spreads. With this knowledge, we hope you bring your vehicle to our shop at the first signs of transmission problems. A transmission repair can get complex quickly. Fortunately, the team at Preferred Auto & Fleet Service are experienced and able to handle the toughest repairs. We promise to get your car or truck back to you quickly and at a low cost. Aside from transmission repairs, we offer the following services to keep your transmission in tip top shape:
- Automatic Transmission Fluid Flush
- Automatic Transmission Filter Change
- Manual Transmission Fluid & Filter Exchange
- Complete Transmission Inspection
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your vehicle’s transmission, please call or visit our auto repair specialists at our shop today!